Belgian French to raise TV5Monde cash

Belgium’s French-speaking community is expected to raise its investment into French-language international channel TV5Monde to reach €7.75 million by 2012, vs €4.79 million this year.
Next year, the amount will rise to €5.8 million and will grow to €6.35 million in 2010 and € 7.04 million in 2011.

Belgium’s French-speaking community also pours €750,000 annually into RTBF’s contribution to TV5Monde. Along with Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and Quebec currently cover 20% of TV5Monde’s budget. France gives the remaining 80%.