Thread: Coship Pin outs

Coship Pin outs

Could some one please tell me the coship pin out please i have tried multiple times to and cannot make contact with any loaders to the box.
    Male Socket Female Socket
    Computer pin out: Pin Coship stb pin
    1 CD Carrier Detect Volts .17 1? 0 Volts
    2 RX Receive Data Volts .17 2? - 13.47 Volts
    3 TX Transmit Data Volts -11.26 3? 0 Volts
    4 DTR Data Terminal Ready Volts -11.26 4? 0 Volts
    5 G Ground Volts 0 5? 0 Volts
    6 DSR Data Set Ready Volts .17 6? 0 Volts
    7 RTS Request Send Volts -11.26 7? 0 Volts
    8 CTS Clear to send Volts .17 8? 0 Volts
    9 nil Volts .17 9? 0 Volts
    I have made my own serial cable
    Full Hand shaking
    Computer Stb
    1 + 6 - 4
    2 - 3
    3 - 2
    4 - 6 + 1
    5 - 5
    7 - 8
    8 - 7

This does not work? What voltages on settop box seem wrong and also pinout does not respond. What i would like is for someone who has a working serial cable to check with the multi meter as to how it is wired. Female pin out to male pin out. Also can someone please check the r-232 socket with multi meter and give me your output readings sitting un connected by serial cable.I have done this and connected by pin numbers as above. I have even changed the pin numbers on the box in reverse

5 4 3 2 1 STB
    1 2 3 4 5

9 8 7 6 STB
    6 7 8 9
    Still no go. Either all these loaders are crap and can't communicate with a box, or wiring is not correct or there is a STB issue where the r-232 is Disabled. Thankyou very much i would appreciate some experienced and knowledgeable people to have a look at this for me.

Re: Coship Pin outs

Can some one at least give me serial cable part number if the other is too hard. Type: ie null, Full Null Or straight through etc.Thankyou.

I must say i am impressed at the response level of this forum. Surely someone can answer the question?

Uploads

What receiver model do you have

coship cdvb 5110d
    The more i think about it, the more i think the rs-232 plug must be deactivated with some sort of software instruction. Can't find any other reason for it to not work? All programs show "connection error" or "please turn STB on". I also run many boxes including a strong 4658x and regularly change it with no drama's, so it's not like i've never done this before. Coship site wont give any help at all. Bloody pathetic service. "It's all top secret shit". They have said i can send box back to them. Cost me twice what the box is worth. They weren't very happy when i gave them a serve that every other manufacturer i deal with gives you access to tools and firmware. Like i said i own the box, i paid for it and if i want to mod it that's my business. So i told them to stuff their Non existant service. I have read that others have had dramas with the pin outs , hence the questions.
    Thankyou for your reply.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aussiecobra View Post
    coship cdvb 5110d
    The more i think about it, the more i think the rs-232 plug must be deactivated with some sort of software instruction. Can't find any other reason for it to not work? All programs show "connection error" or "please turn STB on". I also run many boxes including a strong 4658x and regularly change it with no drama's, so it's not like i've never done this before. Coship site wont give any help at all. Bloody pathetic service. "It's all top secret shit". They have said i can send box back to them. Cost me twice what the box is worth. They weren't very happy when i gave them a serve that every other manufacturer i deal with gives you access to tools and firmware. Like i said i own the box, i paid for it and if i want to mod it that's my business. So i told them to stuff their Non existant service. I have read that others have had dramas with the pin outs , hence the questions.
    Thankyou for your reply.
    you are right coship has no customer support at all,
    like now their cdvb5668 is just as a door stopper.

Cool Re: Coship Pin outs

Hi there Aussiecobra,

Are you refering to the 16 pin header in the STVB5110D receiver?

If so here they are

_____
    TDO | 1| 2| nc
    TDI | 3| 4| TRST_N
    nc | 5| 6| VREF 3.3v
    TCK | 7| 8| nc
    TMS | 9|10| nc
    nc |11|12| GND
    nc |13|14| nc
    nc |15|16| GND
    -------

nc = Not Connected

now all we need is the jtag.def file for the LSI SC2005 CPU and the S29AL016M90 Flash.

This is what we need to be able to dump the Flash for the receiver using Jkeys.

MM...

Uploads

Post Re: Coship Pin outs

You have to find the address of the flash,then you should be able to dump at least.