Thread: What position should the motor be in?

Uploads

What position should the motor be in?

Sounds like a silly question, but my sanity has been put into question by a few videos I've seen recently on YouTube, of a few "professional" installers.

So, a standard USALs H-to-H motor (for example, Dark or TM): should it be mounted on a wall mount with its pole pointing up, or down?

thx

Uploads

Re: What position should the motor be in?

Hello, I have seen is right on both ways, guess that depends on the location of the engine so giro.Si stick this up, when you try to get high satellites, we can give the dish on top of the pole. I use a Mastil.Suerte Salu2

Uploads

Question Re: What position should the motor be in?

Depending on the size of the dish? mine a three metre dish free standing on 150 mm steel pipe filled with cement so it wont flex dont forget to have it plumb or you will miss the satellites

So, a standard USALs H-to-H motor (for example, Dark or TM): should it be mounted on a wall mount with its pole pointing up, or down?

This will depend on which one you purchase, you can't put it anyway round as water will enter the motor, if installed incorrectly the motor will not follow the arc correctly.

It should give a guide in the instructions supplied, but if not google the makers web site for the answer.

Below is 2 setup guides to help setup a motor with ease, for those that need it.

Hope this helps.

Uploads

Smile Re: What position should the motor be in?

Hi ,

I have always mounted my H-H motor on a wall pointing up and have no problems setting up the arc east and west points . This means the dish will sit heigher the ground and give you a better view of the sky and avoid obstructions .

cheers

Uploads

H to H mounts on a c-band system were fairly easy to set up, because you watch for certain channels at 3 positions. Low West, High South and East. Now with the small digital systems, I find it harder to set up, because of the amount of satellites that are on the arc and a sure fire way to ID them without a $400+ dollar meter. Now my question would be; what is the best way to set the h to h motorized mount to follow the arc? I kinda of dated myself with the reference to C-Band. <GRIN>

Factrat

Uploads

Unhappy Re: What position should the motor be in?

I assemble engines 60 meters away, and not working has to do with this space?

Uploads

The Dish must follow the curvature of the earth or horizon. The highest point of the arc or curve is directly south, on your line of latitude. The dish should pan and skew [relative polarity] east and west of your position. Looking directly south on your line of latitude there will be no skew correction on your LNB.