Thread: TM 5000 series USB Patching Guides...

TM 5000 series USB Patching Guides...

I've managed to have a play around with a TM5000 series again today, this is what I found out, I hope it helps people having problems with this model of receiver...

The TM5400ci+ I used originally had Technomate firmware Version 1.00 loaded.

My objective was to patch the box without using a cable

I used a USB pen drive formatted with FAT

In the USB Menu there are 3 options, these are:

MP3 = To play MP3 files
    JPG = To view JPG pictures
    Data Transfer = To transfer Firmware and Channel lists to the receiver

I tried to load the patch from the USB pen drive using the data transfer option in the USB menu, this was not possible, I got an error message “Memory Error”.

I loaded original the original Technomate firmware version 1.07 using the same method without any problems.

Now in the USB menu there are these 5 options (2 more than the previous firmware version), these are:

MP3 = To play MP3 files
    JPG = To view JPG pictures
    File List = To view all files on the USB pen drive
    Data Transfer = To transfer Firmware and Channel lists to the receiver
    Management = This allows you to format the USB pen drive

Now the USB pen drive will not in initialise in the receiver, formatted the USB drive from FAT to FAT32, still not initialising.

Removed the USB pen drive, power cycled the receiver using the switch on the rear.
    USB pen drive is now recognised by the receiver in both FAT and FAT32 formats, it seems this reboot after upgrading the firmware is vital.

Files on the pen drive cannot be viewed using the “File List” function in the USB menu even when selecting the drive with the red button on the remote, but can be viewed using the “Data Transfer” function.
    However only firmware files and channels lists can be viewed, namely files with extensions .stb, .ndf and .cndf

Using the USB pen drive formatted in FAT, I was able to load the patch using original TM firmware version 1.07 where using original TM firmware version 1.00 I couldn’t .

I noticed these points too:
    The patch initialised straight away, no need to manually switch the patch on.
    Still unable to view any files on the USB pen drive using the “File List” function in the USB menu.
    Softcam files are now visible using the “Data Transfer” function in the USB menu.

Loading the softcams and channel list were comparatively easy too, select the USB menu from the remote, select “Data Transfer”, scroll to the Tmsoftcam or channel list you want to load using the arrow keys on the remote, press OK and let the files load.

The box is now successfully patched.

Based on the observations above I would recommend patching the box this way:

Requirements:
    USB pen drive formatted in FAT
    Original Technomate firmware version 1.07 or above copied to the pen drive
    Latest patch copied to the pen drive
    Latest Tmsoftcam copied to the pen drive
    Optional:
    TM5000 series channel list in .cndf format copied to the pen drive.
    Method:

Please note: If you are prompted for a PIN it is always “0000”
    Power on the receiver
    Insert the USB pen drive
    Press the green USB button on the remote
    Scroll down to the “Data Transfer” function using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    Scroll down to the original Technomate firmware file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    Let the file load into the receiver and ensure that you don’t power the receiver off when loading.
    Remove the USB pen drive.
    Power cycle the receiver by switching it off the on using the switch on the rear of the receiver.
    Power on the receiver
    Insert the USB pen drive
    Press the green USB button on the remote
    Scroll down to the “Data Transfer” function using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    Scroll down to the patch file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    Let the file load into the receiver and ensure that you don’t power the receiver off when loading.
    Scroll down to the Tmsoftcam file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    Repeat the above two points to load any channel list you may have, please note: the receiver will reboot by default after loading a channel list.

The receiver is now patched!

Thank's to the author Mrvee for the information.

Re: TM 5000 series USB Patching Guides...

Is it possible to install any windows application in Pen drive? I want to install Opera browser in my pen drive and want to use it another system. Is it possible if then what is the process??