Thread: How to put 2 dishes together on 1 receiver

Uploads

Question How to put 2 dishes together on 1 receiver

Hello,

I'm wondering how can I combine 2 dishes on 1 receiver? I know that usually one should use DISEqC switch with 2 or 4 LNB's in and one signal out to put them together, but my problem is a little more delicate.

Installation:

One dish is installed with a motor and this dish can take from 13 Hotbird and further on the West (13E Hotbird, 5E Sirius, 0,8W Thor etc.).

The other dish is installed with 2 LNB's on 16E Eutelsat and 19,2E Astra (dish can only take positions from 16E Eutelsat and further on the East).

I know that motor is having a built-in DISEqC switch (so called DISEqC 1.2) and therefore can not be paired with any other LNB or motor. But I heard some rumors the other day, that is possible nowadays.

So my question is, how can I pair my motor with the other 2 LNB's to watch for instance Astra, Eutelsat, Hotbird, Sirius and Thor on the same receiver?

Do I have to pair them with 4-1 DISEqC switch or do I need some special equipment to do this? And how do I setup this in the receiver?

I hope that, there is a friendly and helpful soul to help me out with this issue, as I'm not in this at all. I'm a newbie of the worst kind. :)

Any helpful replies are more then welcome.

And I'm sorry if I post this thread in the wrong section, but I couldn't see where to put it else though.

Uploads

Re: How to put 2 dishes together on 1 receiver

Bui a dual axis motorized and a positioner

Uploads

Here is a simple way to do use a diseq 2 or 4 way , each lnb connected to it .

If dishes are far from each other use a manual contact eg dish a / dish b

I use 2 80 cm dishes like this : 1w and 5e 2way diseq and cable to manual contact . 13e and 19e on a 4 way diseq and cable to manual contact .

The manual contact conected to reciver .

It work ok

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Noisi View Post
    Bui a dual axis motorized and a positioner
    what is that? and how will that work?

Code:
    jh_the_joker
    But can you switch on the manual contact (from dish a to dish b) while your receiver is turned on. Wouldn't that grill something, most likely some lnb feeder?

Problem is that motor has DISEqC 1.2 built-in and 2-1 and 4-1 DISEqC switches are 1.0 and 1.1 standards and that's why you can't put them together in a usual way like the ordinary lnb's.

simple problem select hotbird and put to disecq 1 and another satelite diseq2 another satelite diseq3 another satelite disecq4 or another option from 4 in 1 disecq switch disecq A, B, C, and D

Uploads

I've been reading on the web solutions for this and I found a thread on IHAD with a solution to this.

Only I had to do, is set it up as I used only motor and put all the positions I want to see in the setup. Later I had to change LNB for the Astra from LNB 0 to LNB 1 and change DISEqC option from "none" to DISEqC 1.2, using port A/A. Then I had to change LNB pointing to Eutelsat from LNB 0 to LNB 2, set it up as using DISEqC 1.2, port A/B. Then I went to LNB 0 on Hotbird and change it to DISEqC 1.2, port B/B. This automatically changed settings for all the LNB's marked LNB 0.

And now this is working. I should also mention that I connected Astra on input 1, Eutelsat on input 2 and motor on input 4 on my DISEqC 4-1 switch.

So, thank you guys for the help. I hope this will also help other people having same problem as I did.