Thread: skystar hd2 setup?

Uploads

Question skystar hd2 setup?

hi friends,

I am very new to dvb s, just installed pci dvb s2 card "technisat skystar hd2".

facing some problems given beneath.

1. installed software dvbviewer pro, but no channel scan is working. probably hardware not initializing.

2. i have then tried dvbdream but showing me error of hardware initialize error code 12.

currently I am trying to scan transponder and channel of insat 3c http://www.lyngsat.com/in3c.html

my hardware setup is

system: xp sp3, amd 3200+ 1gb ram.
    sat hardware: dvb s2 pci card "technisat skystar hd2", ku band dish 60cm, lnb supports dvb s2, no DisEqc, direct cable from lnb to my pc card.

my location: 21n 72e, western part of india.

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: skystar hd2 setup?

Ok I also have this Card and it should be fairly simple to setup under Windows; Now Linux, lol that's another Horse of a different color, but under Windows all you need is on the Driver CD. So...

1) Install the Skystar HD2 (You might check the IRQ Address and if neccesery change the PCI Slot(s) to combat this "Conflict".

2) Toss in the the Driver CD and install the Drivers needed to use the Skystar HD2

3) Rerun the CD or search the CD for the MPEG2 / MPEG4 Codecs, or use you own from say PowerDVD or WinDVD, But w/o these "Codec's" you're not gona get far, although I'm not sure if this has anything to do with actually beeing able to tune.

Since your useing DVBViewer Pro you might want to try building your Transponder List(s) w/"TransEdit MMC" (check the Downloads' Page @ dvbviewer), and see if that helps

In any case IIRC, you need to go to "Options" and setup your DVB Devices and set there Priority there as well. So that the "Device" is actually seen under DVBViewer. You'll allso need to link any Codec's (MPEG2 /MPEG4), here as well. If you are useing DiSEqC a2e sure you have that chain also built up correctly. If not, make sure that DVBViewer is not trying to use it! This can screw up and would likely be cause of your problems.

Uploads

ok changed pci solt and reinstall all drivers and software but now success. I am not getting signal in dvb dream.

VIP Member
    Uploads

Ok I'm a Linux nut and yeah like I said that's dificult enough.
    But, if your looking for the perfect HTPC Setup, there's nothing better!
    That said of course my expereance with Windows (under this enviroment), is serverly lacking.

So I would try to tackle it like this: (for XP) ~which is also dificult since I'm forced to use Vista on this Laptop~

1) Start -> Control Panel -> Sytem -> Device Manager
    Is there anything ~apperntly wrong here?~ Like Yellow or Red Flags? This could be a sign of IRQ Problems, not very likey, but if there was a problem installing the Drivers you might see such "Flags" as well. At wich point installing to correct Driver(s), might correct it. At worst you might have to hop the Cards 'round a bit.

2) Install some codecs, unlike say the Nexus or TechnoTrend 2300 which are both "Full Feature Cards" that means that these Cards have a Hardware Decoder for the MPEG-2 (normal DVB).

The Skystar HD2 is what we call a Budget Card, unlike the above example it does NOT offer any Hardware Decoder onboard, this means that you have to use a Software Player w/the proper codecs installed thankfully Technisat gave you some codec's w/your Driver CD. You can locate them @;

x:\Install\Mainconcept

Run the *.exe and that should install the Mainconcept DTV (Digital TV), codec Pack, for you.

Now I haven't used DVBDream and IIRC when I did, it never worked correctly anyhow. You can (and should to start with), try the Player that came w/the CD. That would be the, DVBViewer Technisat Edition.

Which will bring us to.

3) After the install you need to launch the Program, now if you wish to use the included Remote you can choose to use it here. Press "OK" to continue.
    Now you need to ~point~ DVBViwer to your Card(s)*
    You do this by going to (inside of DVBViewer):

Settings-> Options-> Hardware

If your "Card" is not currently listed you may have to press the Scan Devices Button (Lower Right), and that should hopefuly bring it up, at which point you should be ok

Alternitvely you could try ProgDVB
    But, IMHO the best system you could use under Windows would be to use the Full Version of DVBViewer sadly this will set you back 'round €15.00(EUR), though.
    But there are other ways to skin Cats ;)

As for takeing the Linux route, sadly (as I also have this Card), I can tell you that it'll likey still be some time yet untill it gets some working Drivers. But hopfully once both MythTV (or better still), VDR make the final swith to the S2-API Protocal, they are currntly still useing the Multiproto Protocal though, and that just doesn't work w/the SSHD2 at the moment. :(

*DVBViewer TE ONLY works w/Technisat Products
    DVBVier Pro should work with any DVB Device installed

Uploads

ok, finally getting signal in trail version of progdvb standard. i can confirm my card is working.

Uploads

Hi I also had this dificulty at the beginning.let the sw recognize your card by just installing " BDall " in the devices folder.you will get it working.

Uploads

finally yesterday I am able to scan channels with original driver and dvbdream after tranponder ini modification. I am now trying to install vplug for viewing channels mpeg4-8psk.

Quote Originally Posted by krishn View Post
    finally yesterday I am able to scan channels with original driver and dvbdream after tranponder ini modification. I am now trying to install vplug for viewing channels mpeg4-8psk.
    hi,

can you upload somewhere your transponder.ini?

Which driver and codec use?

Are you installed Skystar HD 2 like Technisat Skystar HD 2 or Technisat Skystar HD 2 without HID?

I have some problems with scan on DVB DREAM 1.4i, with a so often crash aplication and some errors report, but signal is there after that or after new load DVB Dream, and watching too much stable. Only problems are some ntdll.dll error when closing info about new channel found, and sometime on scan,

Thanks

Uploads

you can always download recent updated transponder from here.

h++p://www.fastsatfinder.com/transponders.html

I am using Technisat Skystar HD2 without ci slot. with dvb dream 1.4i.

I have dvb viewer pro lic. but dvbdream works great for my system.

if you have video problem, you can use vlc media player.