Thread: Eurobird(28.2E) or Astra (19.2E)?

Eurobird(28.2E) or Astra (19.2E)?

Eurobird(28.2E) or Astra (19.2E) has more & better channels ?
    Which of them is receivable in Tehran?

Uploads

Re: Eurobird(28.2E) or Astra (19.2E)?

Quote Originally Posted by orsoli1354 View Post
    Eurobird(28.2E) or Astra (19.2E) has more & better channels ?
    Which of them is receivable in Tehran?
    eurobird 28.2 have more FTA film channels then astra. like true movies and film four etc. etc.
    for both satellites are no keys available.

regards elvis

VIP Member
    Uploads

I'd hate to be pandantic here but, here goes.

1) Astra 2 A/B/D is @ 28.2°e and...
    Eurobird 1 is co-located @ 28.5°e and is operated by Eutelsat

2) With some limited exeptions of Eurobird 1 which IIRC has a Euope-Wide Beam.
    Something on the order of 99% of that will likely be BSYKB (e.g. NDS Crypt).

3) Some bad news for you.
    The stuff your intrested in (i.e. Freesat), is brodcasted off the Astra 2D Satellite.
    This Satelite uses a very TIGHT BEAM that mostly covers the UK and Northern Ireland.
    With the spill over range, covering most of North-Western Europe.
    The sad truth is much further south of ~say~ Frankfurt Germany and you could start to forget about it. In fact I'd dare say that I'm just on the line of the Footprint, here.

So there's almost no realistic chance for you in Iran.

If your German is good you might find something on Astra 1 (19.2°e), but even then takeing Dr. Dish TV as an example. Which used to be on Hotbird 13.0°e serveral years ago you could've viewd it in Tehran. But since they switched to Astra they have been adviseing those viewers to use the Webstream instaed.

So useing that as a rough idea, I'm guessing that you probaly don't have "line of sight" to Astra 1 either. In much the same way that I don't have "line of sight" to say Paksat (38.0°e),.

astra 1m (19.2 e) avilable signal in riyadh. check with 110 cm dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    I'd hate to be pandantic here but, here goes.

1) Astra 2 A/B/D is @ 28.2°e and...
    Eurobird 1 is co-located @ 28.5°e and is operated by Eutelsat

2) With some limited exeptions of Eurobird 1 which IIRC has a Euope-Wide Beam.
    Something on the order of 99% of that will likely be BSYKB (e.g. NDS Crypt).

3) Some bad news for you.
    The stuff your intrested in (i.e. Freesat), is brodcasted off the Astra 2D Satellite.
    This Satelite uses a very TIGHT BEAM that mostly covers the UK and Northern Ireland.
    With the spill over range, covering most of North-Western Europe.
    The sad truth is much further south of ~say~ Frankfurt Germany and you could start to forget about it. In fact I'd dare say that I'm just on the line of the Footprint, here.

So there's almost no realistic chance for you in Iran.

If your German is good you might find something on Astra 1 (19.2°e), but even then takeing Dr. Dish TV as an example. Which used to be on Hotbird 13.0°e serveral years ago you could've viewd it in Tehran. But since they switched to Astra they have been adviseing those viewers to use the Webstream instaed.

So useing that as a rough idea, I'm guessing that you probaly don't have "line of sight" to Astra 1 either. In much the same way that I don't have "line of sight" to say Paksat (38.0°e),.
    Hi dear Ichijoe,
    Now, I have Hotbird & Arabsat. But I Have bored them and I want to watch new channels.
    Do you know which satellite, that is receivable in Iran, has some good sport & movie channels?

VIP Member
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by orsoli1354 View Post
    Hi dear Ichijoe,
    Now, I have Hotbird & Arabsat. But I Have bored them and I want to watch new channels.
    Do you know which satellite, that is receivable in Iran, has some good sport & movie channels?
    I could only point you to either:

Lyngsat: http://lyngsat.com or
    KingOfSat: http://kingofsat.net

You can try this Site (Dishpointer), to "locate" the Direction to the Sat in question. http://dishpointer.com

But, other then that I affrade I really wouldn't know. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd probably aim for Bader Sat @ 26.0°e