Thread: Astra 19.2E Channels

Uploads

Astra 19.2E Channels

Hi,

I have a question about receiving channels on ASTRA 19.2E http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E_eng.php if you dont mind. I am in Madrid and using a 1.5M communal dish which is owned by Digital+ http://www.plus.es/ . Most of their channels are on astra 1KR but on astra 1H there are 500 FTA stations which I am interested in picking up. Anyway I connected my receiver up and picked up 229 channels which mostly belong to Digital+ and most of the stations I have picked up seem to be based on astra 1KR. I just wanted to know if I should be picking up stations off of astra 1H, 1F etc or is the communal dish just setup most likely to concentrate on astra 1KR ? If so then could I just have an installer come and setup a dish for me to concentrate on astra 1H ? Sorry if the question sounds a bit daft but I always thought that a receiver picked up everything off of 19.2E and not just focus on a particular one ie: astra 1KR. I am interested in picking up Canalsat from France which I thought I should have been able to with a 1.5m dish.

Any input appreciated

Thanks

Uploads

Re: Astra 19.2E Channels

Ok I can definitely confirm that Digital+ have some kind of block on certain transponders as I went up the roof took the cable out of the LNB and plugged my own cable directly into it and picked up 900 tv channels and 300 radio compared to about 250 tv channels and 26 radio whilst through the communal system. Now thats obviously proof enough for me. First I heard of a company doing this although not that surprised considering they have the add channels option blanked out on their boxes preventing customers from adding FTA stations unlike Sky.