Thread: Licence 'should be required for iPlayer'

Uploads

Exclamation Licence 'should be required for iPlayer'

Licence 'should be required for iPlayer'

Erik Huggers has called for the remit of the TV licence to be expanded to cover users who watch BBC shows using the iPlayer.

The director of future media and technology at the broadcaster told the Broadcasting Press Guild that the licence should be a requirement for those watching catch-up programmes, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Huggers said: "My view is that if you are using the iPlayer you have to be a television licence fee payer. I don't believe in a free ride. If you are consuming BBC services then you have to be a licence holder.

"I do know we are seriously looking at what is the impact on new digital technology on something we currently call the TV licensing."
    At present, internet viewers are only required to purchase a TV licence if they watch live streaming channels.

Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Licence 'should be required for iPlayer'

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    licence 'should be required for iplayer'

erik huggers has called for the remit of the tv licence to be expanded to cover users who watch bbc shows using the iplayer.

The director of future media and technology at the broadcaster told the broadcasting press guild that the licence should be a requirement for those watching catch-up programmes, the daily telegraph reports.

Huggers said: "my view is that if you are using the iplayer you have to be a television licence fee payer. I don't believe in a free ride. If you are consuming bbc services then you have to be a licence holder.

"i do know we are seriously looking at what is the impact on new digital technology on something we currently call the tv licensing."
    at present, internet viewers are only required to purchase a tv licence if they watch live streaming channels.
    thank you dr nice info