Thread: Strange problem with the ts-5500 firmware. Assist please

Strange problem with the ts-5500 firmware. Assist please

Hello,

I was running v9.73 firmware downloaded from www.codeman2001.be from last couple of months. If I remember correctly it was somewhere back in Sep 2008. However I have tried updating the STB with the new firmware which I downloaded from http://www.xdsrup.com/XDSR-200_Ver_991_up.zip . FYI: My STB is Technosat 5500 Super Smart.

The thing is that as soon as I update it it goes blank on the TV screen. The STB shows 0 Channels on the display as there are non tuned but there is no interference of anykind made via the remove what so ever. Now I am forced to downgrade it back to the original non-patched v3.05 to get my STB back working.

Kindly assist me with it please as to what is the latest firmware of my above mentioned STB. Along-with it I am thinknig of changing my receiver to a new one introduced by one of the market fellows saying that it connects to the internet using an Ethernet port (DSL Connection). I do know a little about do's and donts about the whole STB-stuff, but not enough to call myself an expert. Should I consider replacing my STB because I am more into watching Discovery and etc plus the Cartoon Network and all the package that comes with it as promised by him. He says that he would throw in a software into that brand new receiver which would last for 1 year (DSL Connection Required) and after that period of time I would need to bring it back to him to get it sorted again.

Kindly assist.

Cheers

Re: Strange problem with the ts-5500 firmware. Assist please

thankess