Thread: Processor Greedy

Uploads

Processor Greedy

Is anyone else having problems with their processor utilisation of 60% by explorer when on the Funfiles Forum or upload centre. The utilisation goes back to minimal after I leave the sites so it is a good indication that the problem is here.

Moderators, if it is the snow emulation that is causing the problem can you disable it please, even though it looks nice.

Regards
    trevor

Banned
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Processor Greedy

Hi Trevor,
    You are not the only one. I have a thread in the Admin section over this. I have been carrying out a lot of tests. Although the snow causes 25% CPU usage on each page, I find that MS AntiSpyware is making the problem worse.
    It's called GiantASW. But is only seen now and then on the Windows TaskMaster. Any window you open on FF, and put in the tray still uses 25%. I have changed to Firefox, which helped in shedding CPU usage, but does not over come the problem. I used to have up to 12 Windows open, now I cannot have more than 3.
    I will copy this thread to my original in the Admin section and let you know what the BOSS has to say.
    Very Kindest Regards for you input,
    Bill and the FunFiles Team.

Uploads

Re: Processor Greedy

Have reduced the ammount of snow so hopefully this works a little bit better..

Regards,
    MainFrame

Banned
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Processor Greedy

Hi Danny, Dropped to 0-4% when turned off, now CPU usage gone back to 25-30%, same as before.
    Kindest Regards, Bill

Uploads

Re: Processor Greedy

Hmm it really is a strange thing.. tested it on 4 systems all running windows xp and all work pretty good.. processor usage arround 4%
    even with a pentium 3 processor.. so I think it has something to do with the graphic engine or something
    I'll have to look into it to find the exact cause.. Will get back to you guys on this.

Regards,
    MainFrame