UTV chnls peak investment lower

Rose Major

Indian broadcaster UTV will spend Rs4.6 billion at most on its four channels before they break even, down from the Rs6.5 billion planned for the networks.

So far, Rs3.6 billion has been spent on the four (UTV Movies, Bindass, Bindass Movies and World Cinema), with Rs2.4 billion of that coming from UTV Software Communications and Rs1.2 billion from partner Walt Disney. Disney owns 15% of UTV Global Broadcasting wih UTV Software owning the remaining 85%.