Thread: Newbie question re Hotbird 13E options

Newbie question re Hotbird 13E options

Hi, I have recently got a satellite system pointing to Hotbird at 13E I believe. My main TV is Sky, but I was wondering what I could potentially do with the Salellite. (We only got it as my wife is Polish and she wanted some Polish channels.)

It is possible to program a card to receive many channels? I wouldn't mind buying some kind of coder etc, and am reasonably good at IT skill but start from scratch and I'm getting lost in the jargon after a quick look at the forums!

Uploads

Re: Newbie question re Hotbird 13E options

my advice, keep it simple, and get an official card, if u havent got a box yet, u can get one with a card slot, for around £80. oo, these days , dont thinh the polish card is all that dear, compared,.

Thanks. We have a really cheapy box that my wife got from Poland and she has a TVN card for Polish TV (that will run out soon). They are fairly cheap and it's not worth trying anything complicated just for Polish TV, but if I could get that and lots of Italian/Spanish football, plus other semi-interesting channels that I guess I may try to get stuck into programming cards - almost as a hobby!

Uploads

theres very little open at moment, not much on stealth, not much if anything on dragon, ur next opotion is g....a card, or c/s, thats when it starts,.

Uploads

In the next few months, the main channels in poland are launching a polish version of freesat, and from what i understand it will be FTA and on 13e. and Jetix and the RAI channels are open at the moment.

Thanks for the responses, I'll hold fire for a bit then on trying to do anything clever which would probably be above me anyway