This README is for AB IPBox HD model series.
AB release r9580: ( 29/May/2009)
1. Add function displaying time always on Front panel
2. Add schedule recording title name on webif
3. Fixed video player panic when spdif is off
4. Fixed slow icon on TrickPlay and FilePlay
5. Mapping blue key as check key for 91HD in filebrowser
6. Change HDD clean process on hddinit script
7. Syunchronized sleep Mode as power_control option
8. Adjust analog output level(advanced quality of Component, Composite and S-Video)
9. Update TP information Thor0.8W and Astra 19.2E
10. Fixed many small bugs
1. Our Video player is related with CODEC, FPS(frame per second) and resolution.
As you know, even if the Filename Extension is different each other,
if the video codec is same each other, the two files work like same.
If the video file's resolution is more than 720 X 576, it will works very well.
So, we recommend below conditions.
1) resolution : 720 X 576.
2) FPS : 24, 25 and 30 fps.
3) Following video and audio codec.
Video Codec : XVID(Without GMC and Qpel), OpenDivx(less than Divx5.2), MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264
Audio Codec : MP2, MP3, AC3
When file's codec is Xvid, If you remove the GMC and Qpel, it works well.
If the file's video codec is MPEG series, it doesn't support the adjusting sync function on video player.
2. ext3 file system is slower than ext2 normally.
If you record two HD channels with ext3 at the same time, it may fail in record.
we have checked the speed as below
ext2 speed : approximately 7MB/s
ext3 speed : approximately 3MB/s
Known issues(on going).
1. Artefact with Premiere HD channels from satellite or cable.
1. we strongly recommend to format your USB memory stick before the new image copy in it, otherwise, it may happen "ER10".
2. you should download usb_all_noboot.img into STB for improving Web interface and plugins, otherwise, the function will be the same as previous one.