Thread: Help With X Cam Please

Question Help With X Cam Please

How do you program the Xcam please, I know how to program a Dragon cam thatís ok .I have a Infinity usb programmer and a Fun card. And do you have to program the cam the same way as you do a Dragon cam and do you have to download a programmer that you have to use to program your card .I would be grateful of any help you can give please.:confused: :)

Re: Help With X Cam Please

well, if you are a new user, perhaps you must have a new xcam.
    For this cam, i think you must have a ucas programmer with a null modem wire, or a dummy card with an cas 2 programmer.
    the best way is the dummy. (it cost near 70€ in france)
    how to do with the dummy
    first you have to install your sofware of cas 2, it's difficult because you have to update the driver.
    second you fit right your cas 2 + add on + dummy
    third , you sitch on receiver, you put it on free channel
    you switch of the receiver.
    you fit your cas2 on the usb port, switch on the computer, fit the dummy into the xcam witch is into the receiver
    you lanch you software (cas interface studio 5.1) you select the bin file on block 2, you hit on the button to program
    it's write (waiting for connection) and now , and only now you switch on the receiver
    the download begins.
    if it doesn't you done something wrong.
    after download, you switch of the receiver and take out the dummy.
    you switch on the receiver and the cam display, you must see 'xcam xcryto ...)
    it's work

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pedrohead
    How do you program the Xcam please, I know how to program a Dragon cam thatís ok .I have a Infinity usb programmer and a Fun card. And do you have to program the cam the same way as you do a Dragon cam and do you have to download a programmer that you have to use to program your card .I would be grateful of any help you can give please.:confused: :)

As you dont have cas2

the last reply is totally useless

if you have fun6 just program with funcard file
    you have to program 3 times with 1 card or better still get 3 cards

Uploads

X CAM For FunCard 6

1. You have to check if the cam is already loaded with firmware version 1.04 (if not you have to load it via Twin, UCAS and Nextwave loader)

2. You need at least 2 x Fun6 cards:

3. Write the first fun with ACARD1.HEX on the external eeprom and xcup.hex in flash ,then the second fun with ACARD2.HEX in the external eeprom and xcup.hex in flash as well.

4. Insert Card 1 into the cam

5. Select from the Common Interface menu of the receiver the "XCAM Module" and then select Card Update.

6. When the first download is finished you will be asked to insert the Card 2.

7. Then follow the Common Interface menu instructions

8. When the whole procedure is over turn the receiver off and then on from the main.

Softcamkey for Funcard 6

1. Write the xcup.hex on fun flash and then on the external eeprom you will write a file from SoftCamkey.hex

2. You will have to convert SoftCam.key with the program key2hex to SoftCamkey.hex

3. When you have the fun ready , you will need to follow the same procedure as for the fun 6 firmware upgrade.

4. It is very important to select from the Common Interface menu of the receiver the "XCAM Module" and then select SET DEFAULT KEY once the softcamkey