Thread: help with new dish setup

help with new dish setup

I Presently have a Dreambox 600PVR, a dish with 2 LNB (no motor) viewing Hotbird 13E and Astra 19E. Each LNB is entering in a DiseqC switch and the output entering into my dreambox.

I am in the process of buying a new dreambox (probably an 800HD) for another TV and need some help on the dish setup.

From what I have read on various Forums, I need 2 dual LNBs which give me 4 outputs. Does that mean that I will then require 2 DiseqC switches each with 2 inputs and 1 output? So that one the new switch will go into my new Box?

Many thanks for your help

Re: help with new dish setup

each individual box will need an lnb feed if both boxes are to watch different channels on the same transponder etc so i would think having a separate DiseqC for each box and a dual LNB on each sat would be the best way forward.
    unless there is a device out there that can do the work for you, but even if there is you would most likely be cheaper with the above suggestion, just my input

2 dual lnbs (one for each satellite), from each lnb one exit to each diseq and from each disecq to each receiver and you r ready...(no more each :P )

VIP Member

Hi dear nelgo123