The Voice of Peace returns as an Internet station

The legendary Israeli radio station the Voice of Peace has been re-created as an Internet station.

“After 15 years of silence The Voice of Peace 24/7 is back again, using 21st Century technology. We would like “1540 The Voice of Peace” to sound as close to the original as possible. Our team includes Tami Tzabari from Israel who will make sure we achieve that. Yaniv Dayan who has built our website and will be making sure that the signal we originate can be heard well from the site. On our team we have Paul Douglas IT Studio and transmitter engineer. Paul will also be one of our presenters and myself, Doug Wood; I’ll be responsible for making sure it all runs smoothly when we go on the air. I will also return with “Morning Music” after 27 years! You will be expecting more ex VOP DJ’s in the coming weeks. So don’t go away!!!”

The station is still in a test phase. Current plans are to launch in mid-October. I noticed that the programme titles are the same as the ones that were used on the original VOP.vThere’s a forum available for you to leave your questions and comments.