Thread: image quality Vantage firmware

Uploads

image quality Vantage firmware

I have a Vantage HD8000S.

Recently, I used SetEditVantageHD (1.04, demo version)) to order many channels. After that, I loaded the file into the Vantage.
    Strangely enough the Vantage asked to scan the channels and was apparently been set back to factory settings.

I scanned all the channels and put a new firmware version (024902(bis)) on it. I have reinstalled everything but then it appeared that the SD channels look less sharp as before. With the HD channels I see no difference.

I have 2 questions:

1) does someone knows the problem with the tool SetEditVantageHD?
    2) can it be that the (sd) quality depends on the firmware version? And which (stable) firmware version delivers the best image?

Uploads

Re: image quality Vantage firmware

No one?

I'm especially curious about the 2nd question: the firmware quality.

Uploads

I donīt know which television you have, but it work fine here with my Samsung Full-HD and Vantage 8000S with firmware 025201.

You are not alone with bad image quality. Itīs problem between television and reciever because itīs diffrently quality on HDMI-cable and some television work no correct with Vantage.

I have problem with image quality on SD-channels before and buy a new HDMI-cable and it work better.

I donīt use SetEditVantageHD because itīs a strange program and layout. I regedit always with Channel Editor v3.11 and it work fine.

I hope to you get reply from me and iīm little bad in english so i hope you understand me what i mean..

Uploads

Thanks for your reply.

I do believe that the quality on HDMI-cable is important, but when I mentioned in my openingspost that the SD quality has dropped, the only thing I had changed was the firmware.

Before the firmware-change, the (sd) quality was fine, after the firmware-change, the (sd) quality has dropped.
    Unfortunately, I don't know what the firmware version was before I made the change.

That's why I want to know if there are forum members who can tell me which firmware version (version 2.46 or later) gives the best picture quality.

I will look at Channel Editor v3.11

Uploads

Okey, itīs not abnormal to many got bad image quality. I have test all firmware and like best both 2.44 and 2.52. Every firmware have diffently bugs so itīs difficult to find a great and work 100%.

I like to you test 2.44 and see if image quality are better or not. Version 2.44 are latest when Vantage use a old platform before they changed to new in version 2.45.