A new pay-TV company, My TV Africa,

A new pay-TV company, My TV Africa, has been launched in the Kenyan market, reports BBC Monitoring. The channel is being broadcast from Dubai.

Today's family members are entitled to affordable entertainment that cuts across entire society and provides balanced programmes for all ages,said Michael Waweru, MD at Remember TV Africa.
My TV is a super family entertainer and is committed to bringing into Kenyan homes quality programmes that add value to their lives.

Remember TV Africa is backing the provision of family entertainment and news, and its channel was unveiled at a function hosted by Kenya’s Information Permanent Secretary Bitange Ndemo. It is the local distributor of My TV Africa - a digital-satellite television provider based in Dubai.
The satellite pay-TV service has been operating in 10 sub-Saharan Africa countries since 2006 through the Intelsat 10 satellite.

Our youth are well talented and it is important when such openings come by to try and seize every opportunity of the new advancement in technology," he said. "To artists, this is a pretty good chance to develop programmes for local consumption and export.

Ndemo urged local television stations to invest more in DTH (direct-to-home) television and join other international players to bring premium programmes to Kenya.
Our youth are well talented and it is important when such openings come by to try and seize every opportunity of the new advancement in technology," he said.

To artists, this is a pretty good chance to develop programmes for local consumption and export.